Customer Care Agent
- Are you a warm and charismatic person with a passion for serving others?
- Does connecting with a stranger and making his or her day sound like an exciting goal?
- Are you flexible, energetic, and appreciative of the chance to tackle diverse challenges?
If so, you might have what it takes to join the Customer Care Team at Englin's Fine Footwear!
Job Summary: This full-time, hourly position is more than bare-bones customer service. It's about being an enthusiastic, empathetic source of knowledge and support. A tireless advocate for the customer's wants and needs. If you don't absolutely love talking to people, responding compassionately to both their joys and frustrations, and ultimately doing everything you can to make them happy, this is not the job for you.
A Customer Care Agent is ready for anything. Whether it's a question, comment, or complaint, you'll have a caring response for everything from "Can you talk me, a computer-illiterate person, through completing my online order?" to "My order is late, it's your fault, and I am not happy!" to "Please help me find shoes I can rock with a red dress." If you don't know the answer, you're eager to find it. The Customer Care Agent's adaptability extends beyond customer service responsibilities. They're always ready to jump in where they're needed, whether it's unloading freight, packaging shipments, or entering data. If you're a self-starter who takes initiative and constantly seeks out opportunities to learn, grow, and assist others, you'll be a valuable addition to the Englin's team.
About Englin's Fine Footwear: We are a locally-owned and -operated family business with 6 brick-and-mortar shoe stores and a website office. For more than 60 years, stellar customer interactions have set us apart from the competition. Complete customer satisfaction is our #1 goal and your main focus as a Customer Care Agent. You will be working at our website office in Muncie, IN, not a retail location. We encourage you to check out our website (www.englinsfinefootwear.com), read our blog, and get to know us a little better before you apply. This is no call center with rows of cubicles. Joining the Englin's family will make you part of a friendly, close-knit, dedicated group of people who know the importance of supporting one another as well as our customers.
Englin's Fine Footwear is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.
You'll be a perfect fit for our team if you are:
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to perform under pressure
- Courteous and kind with strong verbal and written communication skills (phone, email, online chat)
- Upbeat and energetic with a sunny disposition and positive attitude
- Versatile and flexible, capable of switching seamlessly between tasks
- A critical thinker and problem solver who knows that the easy way isn't always the best way
- A team player with the ability to accept and make use of constructive feedback
- Respectful and protective of customers' sensitive information
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Docs
- Generally computer-savvy and a quick, accurate typist
- Able to work approximately 35-40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, typically 10 AM-6 PM. (As this is an online retail environment, you must be willing to work overtime during the busy holiday season [Thanksgiving through the first week of January], including some holidays and Saturdays. Time off during this period is not possible.)
- Living in or able to commute daily to Muncie, IN
These traits aren't deal-breakers, but an ideal candidate would be:
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs. and climbing ladders up to 10 feet
- Able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time
- Experienced in customer care, sales, or another service-focused field
- Company-contributed health, vision, dental, and life insurance available
- Paid vacations and personal leave
- Pay negotiable based on experience
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.